Saturday, August 21, 2010

Little Miss Sunshine

Hello Happy Scrappers!
Shew! This has been a blerrie cold week! I even had to defrost my nipples on Thursday to stave off frostbite. Still, I shudder more when I think of February….

Next week’s page is a design by Ellie Griffiths. Nice uncluttered page with clean lines. I’ve called mine “Little Miss Sunshine” and is of (big surprise) the lovely little Ms Emma. You need:
2 jumbo portrait
3 jumbo landscape (one of which has about 4cm chopped off it)
The central landscape jumbo gets sliced down the centre to fit on both pages so you need to bear this in mind when choosing your pics. In other words don’t pitch with a pic with a huge face on it so you land up with an eye on each page. The background paper is yellow which I have to say is my least favourite scrapping colour but in this case I think it worked well.
You need to bring 6 yellow buttons and a white gel pen.

Next week’s evening class will be on Tuesday 24th. Let me know if you can make it. No class on Thursday evening as that’s the night of Bee’s Card Class - 17h30 at the Racing Pigeon Club in Durban North. Booking essential.
Unfortunately there will be no workshops on:
Tuesday morning (24th) – off to do my last mosaic class
Saturday morning (28th) – Rikki and I are taking a stall with our Koolitz Cool Ties at Crawford.

If you haven’t already done so, there is still time to book for:
The Hillcrest Primary “We Love Our School” fund raiser on Saturday 18th August. Should be a fun day.
Mega Crop at Sicas Guest House on Saturday 13th November.
Let me know if you need booking forms.

I’m hoping to have the Fab Scraps Heritage paper in stock later in the week. Seriously stunning. And absolutely superb to use in an 8x8 album. I’ve also ordered loads of flowers that should be in some time soon plus some chipboard embellishments.

I got a bit of a skok when I saw how close we are to Christmas! I’m already casting about for nice scrapping gift ideas that we can do in November (unlike past years where we’re been caught madly scrapping on the 15th of December to get finished.) I’m going to try and find a biggish project (like the calendars) and a smallish project (like the one sheet mini album) to try and please y’all (yeah, right….)

And lastly a happy birthday with to Sharon Chetty for her birthday on Wednesday. It was remiss of me not to mention Ada’s birthday on the 8th – but you know we luv ya.

That’s all folks. Have a marvellous week and keep a smile on your dial.
Ciao.
Alison

I’ll end with these true classified ads……

FREE YORKSHIRE TERRIER.
8 years old. Bites!
Hateful little bastard.
FREE PUPPIES
1/2 Cocker Spaniel,
1/2 sneaky neighbor's dog.
FREE PUPPIES.
Mother, A Kennel Club registered German Shepherd.
Father, Super Dog .
Able to leap tall fences in a single bound.
FOUND DIRTY WHITE DOG.
Looks like a rat.
Been out a while.
Better be a big reward.
COWS, CALVES: NEVER BRED.
Also 1 gay bull for sale.
JOINING NUDIST COLONY!
Must sell washer and dryer £100.
WEDDING DRESS FOR SALE
Worn once by mistake.
Call Stephanie.
And the best one:
FOR SALE BY OWNER.
Complete set of Encyclopedia Britannica,
45 volumes. Excellent condition.
£200 or best offer. No longer needed,
Got married last month. Wife knows everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment