Friday, April 16, 2010

Baby Page

Ola Scrappers!

I have spent the entire week spring cleaning the studio. All I can say is thank the lordy dirt doesn’t kill. Jeez Louise, talk about dust and dirt. Took me about two hours just to clean the Scrap Patch. So no need to give me the lazy eye anymore when you touch the stock. Your fingertips should no longer change colour.

I don’t have a picture of next week’s page or even a sample of the paper mainly cos I haven’t done it yet. It’s one of Maryna from Occasion’s pages which I’ll be doing at my Monday teacher’s workshop. However, I can tell you that it is a Baby Page and you require:
2 (10 x 14 cm) landscape
3 Jumbo landscape
1 Jumbo portrait
4 (4 x 6.5) either portrait or landscape
For those of you who don’t have any, or have no inclination towards baby pics, fear not: we will use other papers and McGyver the page to suite your pics.

Some great new stuff just in:
Great Fab Scrap papers including a really nice black and white range which we’re always on the hunt for, some silver (and I do mean SILVER) paper (they’ve come up with a really stunning range which would be particularly fabulous for card making). And a lovely range of African style paper suitable for all those game park pics, amongst others.
A really nifty self healing mat that is square – just larger than a 12 x 12 sheet of paper and best of all, it has ½ cm measures as well as centimeter lines and nifty lines for cutting diagonals.
Great craft knives with a handy grip plus Stanley knives
Double sided tape, new chalk inks, pearls etc

Now, regarding the Wednesday / Thursday evening classes: As in real life, there was no happy consensus with some people preferring a Thursday and some a Wednesday. So, in a bid to please all, I’ve decided that we’d give this a go:
1st Wednesday of the month
2nd Thursday of the month
3rd Thursday – Bee’s card class (ie no scrapping)
4th Thursday of the month
Most evening scrappers only come once, maybe twice a month so this hopefully will suit you all. If the attendance is low, I’ll make it just one Wednesday and one Thursday a month. I’ll remind you which evening it is in each newsletter. Next evening class will be Thursday 22nd.

Please note that workshops are charged per layout and not per visit (I still have the cheapest workshop rate in town. In fact I’m still charging what I charged in 2003!!). So you’re welcome to do more than one workshop per session but the charge will be per layout. You’re also welcome to photograph a layout to do a home but this will be charged for. I’m more than happy to email instructions and send a pic of the layout.
Could I ask you to please collect stock that you’ve asked me to put aside as soon as possible – I sometimes sit with stuff for months. Alternatively, you can pay upfront and I’ll be happy to bring it to you in the old age home.
I’d be so grateful if you would return the plastic sleeves the paper kits come in if you have a stash of them at home. I like to recycle and it saves me a bit of money.

A very happy birthday to you Alanna for your birthday on the 20th from all of us – may you have a bright, sunny and blessed day and many more to come.

That’s all folks. Hope to see you for some therapy some time soon. Take care and blessings to you all,
Regards
Alison

My apologies in advance if the following offends anyone but I thought it was kind of funny:


THE TOP TEN TIMES IN HISTORY WHEN THE USE OF THE ~ F ~ WORD WAS APPROPRIATE: -


1. "'SCATTERED F*****G SHOWERS' my ass!"
~ Noah, 4314BC

2. "HOW THE F**K DID YOU WORK THAT OUT?"
~ Pythagoras, 126 BC

3. "YOU WANT WHAT ON THE F*****G CEILING?"
~ Michelangelo, 1566

4. "WHERE DID ALL THOSE F*****G INDIANS COME FROM?"
~ Custer, 1877

5. "IT DOES SO F******G LOOK LIKE HER!"
~ Picasso, 1926

6. "WHERE THE F**K ARE WE?"
~ Amelia Earhart, 1937

7. "ANY F*****G IDIOT COULD UNDERSTAND THAT!"
~ Albert Einstein, 1938

8. "WHAT THE F**K WAS THAT?"
~ The Mayor of Hiroshima, 1945

9. "I NEED THIS PARADE LIKE I NEED A F*****G HOLE IN THE HEAD"
~ J F Kennedy, 1963

10. "AWWW, C'MON .... WHO THE F**K IS GOING TO FIND OUT?"
~ Bill Clinton

No comments:

Post a Comment