Friday, June 4, 2010

Fever!

Whoop Whoop!!

Can you feel it girls? Soccer fever is HERE! I’ve been having what I call “the warm fuzzies” all week - so much positive stuff happening. What a wonderful time to be in South Africa, and indeed, to be a South African. Please do join me in giving all the visitors to our shores a warm welcome so that they leave here with loads of positive feedback about our stunning country and not the usual bad news stories the press so love to spread.

So, as you know, with the schools breaking up next week, we’ve decided to have our Soup & Slippers Card Marathon on Wednesday as so many of you are going to be tied up with kids. This is going to be a lovely chilled day just making cards with all our old scrap paper and embellishments. Please do wear your old track suit and slippers. We’ll be stopping for a delish drop of soup with some crusty bread. And as has been said, if you don’t want to do cards, you’re welcome to join us for a “page finishing” session (yes, those gazillion unfinished pages we’re all sitting with). You can also just come along and scrap if you like.
I’ll be open on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday as usual for scrapping – come along with your pic and we can do a missed layout or make something up.

Now you might think that all this card stuff means that I’ve been snoozing in the scrapping department. Not so. I been a busy little worker bee. The following week’s page is a Tracy Schimper page using her lovely Fizz Pop, Lime Juice and Lemon Twist papers. Lovely bright paper, perfect for kids. I’ll be sending out the requirements for that next week (not on Friday, that’s when I’ll be leaping around blowing my vuvuzela).

Lovely to have Melanie here as a guest teacher – such a fabulous page although we all looked like dancers from Teazers afterwards with all that glitter. Thanks Mel.

Next week’s evening class will be on Thursday 10th.
My scrapping mojos back big time with LOADS of page ideas floating around the right side of my brain – I just need to get them translated onto paper.
Anyhows, I know its school holidays but I’m hoping some of you are still going to be able to snuck off for a bit of scrapping therapy.
All that’s left to say is….. GO South Africa!! Go Bafana Bafana!! The country is going to ROCK!!
(I love the enthusiasm of the guy in the attachment!)

Take care, happy scrapping and a HAPPY & SAFE World Cup.
Kind regards

No comments:

Post a Comment