Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sawubona!! Howzit!! Môre!!

Let the Beautiful Game begin…….. Yeehaaaaaa!

Well we sure did have a full and fun filled day with our card making Soup and Slippers day on Tuesday 8th. I don’t think any of us have EVER seen the table in quite such a state of disarray! And it rained all day which is to me the best snuggy weather to scrap in. We’re definitely going to do more full day events – it really was great fun.

Here’s a brief summary of what’s happening in the next week:

Tuesday 15th: Another card Slippers and Soup day by popular demand with one or two people scrapping instead. 09h30 – 16h00

Wednesday 16th : Closed for Youth Day (what the heck am I going to celebrate – maybe “Young At Heart Day”?)
This means that the evening class will now be on Thursday 17 not Wednesday 16. Please do book as I’ll go to my mosaic workshop at 17h00 if there are not takers

Thursday 17th: Just a happy scrappy day. 09h30 – 12h30

Friday 18th: Kids Card Class. Rikki and I will be doing a fabulous Kids Card Class (was going to be a whole day event but I came to my senses in the nick of time!). This workshop is not suitable for kids under 8 as some of the cards are a bit intricate. Cost is R120.00 including all supplies and will run from 09h00 – 12h00. Please send them along with a drink and snack. Plus a ruler, pencil, scissors and Pritt glue. Booking is essential.

For those of you who wish to scrap next week, the page is a lovely Tracey Schimper layout. It’s in lovely bright lime, yellow, red, light blue colours and is suitable for a variety of themes. The requirements are:

Materials required but not supplied
- Dark brown liquid chalk
- Olive Green Pastel liquid chalk
- Brown acid free journaling pen
- Pop dots- Corner rounder punch
- Eyelet punch to create holes for the file fastener
- Stapler and staples
Photographs:
NOTE: The photos specified below are those immediately visible on the layout. Additional photos may be included in the booklet if desired. Tracy has lightly sanded the edges of all her photos using medium-grit sandpaper – this is optional
- 1 x (15cm x 20cm) portrait (vertical) photo (6 inch X 8 inch)
- 3 x (7.5cm x 10cm) portrait (vertical) photos
- 2 x (10cm x 15cm) portrait (vertical) photos – cropped to (7.5cm x 15cm)
- 2 x (7.5cm x 10cm) landscape (horizontal) photos – round the corners
- 1 x (7.5cm x 10cm) photo – cropped to (6cm x 6cm) – suitable to fit into a “frame”

I know it’s been done before, but Wednesday 23rd will be a Colour Blocking workshop by request. This to me is still one of the best ways to put loads of different pics on a page.

That’s it for this week. Wishing you all a fun filled and safe World Cup. The country’s gone mal!! Do join in.
Regards
Alison

I’ll end with this sad little poem by Pam Ayres (really moved me as I could feel myself relating to it)

Oh, I wish I'd looked after me dear old knockers,
Not flashed them to boys behind the school lockers,
Or let them get fondled by randy old Dockers,
Oh, I wish I'd looked after me tits.

'Cos now I'm much older and gravity's winning.
It's Nature's revenge for all that sinning,
And those dirty memories are rapidly dimming,
Oh, I wish I'd looked after me tits

'Cos tits can be such troublesome things
When they no longer bounce, but dangle and swing.
And although they go well with my Bingo wings,
I wish I'd looked after me tits.

When they're both long enough to tie up in a bow,
When it's not the sweet chariot that swings low,
When they're less of a friend and more of a foe,
Then I wish I'd looked after me tits.

When I was young I got whistles and hoots,
From the men on the site to the men in the suits,
Now me nipples get stuck in the zips on me boots,
Oh, I wish I'd looked after me tits

When I was younger I rode bikes and scooters,
Cruising around with my favourite suitors.
Now the wheels get entangled with my dangling hooters,
I wish I'd looked after me tits..

When they follow behind and get trapped in the door,
When they're less in the air and more near the floor,
When people see less of them rather than more,
Oh, I wish I'd looked after me tits

No comments:

Post a Comment