Friday, September 3, 2010

Family

Greetings scrappers!

Well spring has sprung and on the 1st I found myself spontaneously leaping into a wild demonic spring cleaning frenzy. It was, like, INSTINCTIVE! Actually, to be more accurate, I phoned Charmaine, my beloved trusty temp domestic and she did all the leaping with me looking on in an advisory capacity. Sometimes I love Africa.

As I mentioned in my last newsletter, I’m off to Kaapstad for (hopefully) some wild and memorable days. Five to be exact. This means that SBJ will be closed from Thursday 9th until Tuesday 14th. Otherwise, it’s business as usual so no need to stay away.

So, next week’s page is a Family layout designed by the talented Lee-Anne Fisher (see attached). It really is a lovely page with paper ribbons, flowers and chipboard bits. It has only:
2 jumbo landscape
1 (18 x 13 cm) landscape
Will work brilliantly with lovely pics of the whole family together, either in colour or B&W. The kits comes with all the chipboard pieces, blomme etc.

There won’t be a newsletter next Friday as I’ll be away so let me tell you now about the following week’s workshop: we will be playing Catch-Up as there are so many of you behind with pages. So come along and catch up on any of those missed workshops. I’ve got a spate of great layouts in the pipeline. You have to admit I’ve been bloody marvellous at churning out a workshop every week, on time, even if I say so myself.

There’s been a bit of a hiccup at the Racing Pigeon Club where Bee holds her card making workshops – seems those bleeding lice ridden flying rodents have come home to roost and they keep canceling Bee’s hall hire (the owners, not the pigeons). She’s asked if I’d mind hosting a card workshop here at SBJ – still at the same time of 17h30 on the second last Thursday of the month. As you know, space is limited here so can you give some indication of whether you’d like to join us on Thursday 23rd.? Actually, rather than and “indication” we’d need a firm booking.

Do you know that when I opened Scrapbook Junction in 2003 I charged R35.00 for a workshop and now, in 2010 I’m charging……. R35.00. The reason I made the decision to keep the fee way below the annual rate of inflation is so that you can spend more on the actual page. Now I’ve had to make a small adjustment here: you are absolutely welcome to bring your own paper to a workshop along with all your embellishments but I’m afraid the workshop fee will then be R55.00. This is still WELL below the general teacher fee in Durbs and the surrounds. I hope you understand.

That’s my bundle for this week. Look out for deluge of layouts of the magnificent Cape! Take care of yourselves, and scrap on……
Kindest of regards
Alison

Let me end with Larry’s proverbs…….. (chuckle chuckle)

1. A day without sunshine is like night.
2. On the other hand, you have different fingers.
3. 42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
4. 99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
5. Remember, half the people you know are below average.
6. He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
7. Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
8. The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.
9. Support bacteria. They're the only culture most people have.
10. A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
11. Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.
12. If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.
13. How many of you believe in psychokinesis? Raise my hand.
14. OK, so what's the speed of dark?
15. When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
16. Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
17. How much deeper would the ocean be without sponges?
18. Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
19. What happens if you get scared half to death, twice?
20. Why do psychics have to ask you your name?
21. Inside every older person is a younger person wondering, 'What the heck happened?'
22. Just remember -- if the world didn't suck, we would all fall off.
23. Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
24. Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment