Monday, July 4, 2011

Embrace Life

Hello again!
Well, here I am back from wondering the hills and dales of the British Isles. Had a marvelous time catching up with family and friends although not in the best of weather. Poor things, I now understand their slight obsession with that little yellow orb. I will be writing to the tourism board about a small problem I encountered: all my clothes seem to have shrunk. I can only assume it’s something in their water. And bizarrely, it seems to have even affected even those clothes that where left behind in my cupboard.

Anyhows, after a lovely break from scrapping (very welcome, I confess); I’m ready to resume some serious scrappin’ action. This week’s page is Embrace Life using the Bo Bunny Ad Lib papers – nice bright primary colours. Pics used:
1 jumbo – portrait
2 {2up} – landscape
9 {9up} – 5 landscape / 4 portrait.
Can be of any theme really.
Classes are back on track with immediate effect so please do book – I’d so love to catch up with you all. Kit price is R125.00.
Just to avoid any confusion: when I say 9 {9up}, I mean nine pictures in total, not 9 x 9 {9up} (ie 81 pics!!) if you get my drift.

Evening classes will start from next week on Thursday 14th.
With regards our Soup & Slippers card making day, I’m going to do one in the holidays and one outside of the holidays to suit everyone.
So the first one will be on Wednesday 13th (which falls inside the school holidays) from 09h30 – 16h00 with a break for soup at 13h00 {and moenie worry nie, this time I’ll get Phil to make the soup!)
The idea of these days is for us to take all out gorgeous scraps of patterned paper and turn them into lovely little (or big) cards that you can give out throughout the year. I’m going to be demo’ing 3 cards so that it’s a little bit more structured than last year and then we can just sit and play. I now have such a fabulous range of Nestabilities and Cuttlebug embossing folders that we can have hours of fun. Plus loads of gorgeous stamps. Space unfortunately is limited so please do book early for this.
I’m soon going to be doing the rounds looking for some great stock…… watch this space.

Once again Tracy Shimper and Vanessa Mathews will be doing their Hillcrest Primary School Fundraiser. Do support them if you can – such a worthy cause too, knowing that you’re contributing to these little cherubs knowing which is the right side up of a pencil by the time they leave school.

That all my news for now while I gently ease my way back into reality. Hope to see you all some time soon.

Here’s a little chuckle……
A married Irishman went into the confessional and said to his priest, 'I almost had an affair with another woman.'
The priest said, 'What do you mean, almost?'
The Irishman said, 'Well, we got undressed and rubbed together, but then I stopped.'
The priest said, 'Rubbing is the same as putting it in. You're not to see that woman again. For your penance, say five Hail Mary's and put $50 in the poor box.'
The Irishman left the confessional, said his prayers, and then walked over to the poor box.
He paused for a moment and then started to leave. The priest, who was watching, quickly ran over to him saying, 'I saw that. You didn't put any money in the poor box!' The Irishman replied, 'Yeah, but I rubbed the $50 on the box, and according to you, that's the same as putting it in!'

Muldoon lived alone in the Irish countryside with only a pet dog for company.. One day the dog died, and Muldoon went to the parish priest and asked, 'Father, my dog is dead... Could ya' be saying' a mass for the poor creature?'
Father Patrick replied, 'I'm afraid not; we cannot have services for an animal in the church.... But there are some Baptists down the lane, and there's no tellin' what they believe. Maybe they'll do something for the creature'
Muldoon said, 'I'll go right away Father. Do ya' think $5,000 is enough to donate to them for the service?'
Father Patrick exclaimed, 'Sweet Mary, Mother of Jesus! Why didn't ya tell me the dog was Catholic?

No comments:

Post a Comment