Monday, August 8, 2011

Butterfly

Hi there girls
Shiver me timbers…..seriously, have you EVER known such a cold winter here in Durbs? I’m almost looking forward to summer.

I’m a wee bit behind with next week’s page. This is mainly due to the fact that I’ve got myself totally and horrible caught up in another addiction, one which is totally consuming my every waking moment. What you ask? Well, I’m busy doing a quilting course which I fear is slowly going to lead me down the road to financial ruin. If you think scrapping has a tool for everything, you ain’t seen nothing like the quilting world.
Anyway, back to the page: It’s called “Butterfly”, so called only because it has a butterfly on it. Name will no double change when I add the title.
Pic requirements are:
3 jumbo: 1 portrait & 2 landscape
1 (2up): landscape
4 (9up): portrait
Paper is pinks, blues and yellows with little houses and quite flowery so maybe not suitable for your boy on his skateboard.

I know Tuesday is a Public Holiday but as it’s Women’s Day {and in honour of she who is shortly to leave our shores} I thought we’d scrap in the evening so please do join us if you’re free. (No class on Tuesday morning though - I just have to go and have my peri peri prawn fix). And as an added bonus we’ll scrap on Thursday evening as well. Otherwise scrapping will be on the usual days.

Bee is keen to do card class which she’s happy to do either morning or evening . We’d like to put the class together quick sticks so please let me know if you’d like to attend and if so, when. The class will be held right here in my cosy little studio (actually its more like a freezer box in winter and Hades in summer)

You’ll be pleased to know the Cuttlebugs all found loving homes. In fact, there was more love than Cuttlebugs so I’ve had to order more. Let me know if you’d like me to put one aside for you. I’ve also ordered some embossing folders which should come in next week and I Spellbinders in stock. I also have fabulous Tool Totes in stock at the very reasonable price of R280.00.

Now, for most of my scrapping life (going on 9 years now!), I have always and only done double page layouts because I’ve like the flow it gives your album but the other day I was looking at Vanessa Mathews album and she does LOADS of single page layouts and it got me thinking: Why not? I often want to scrap a page that I only have one to three pics for and I find myself scrounging around for more in order to do a double page. So I thought I’d put it out to you – how would you feel about doing single page layouts? We could do two in one workshop. Your feedback would be much appreciated {even if you don’t scrap here regularly or at all}

Don’t you just love a little useless information? I so do so I thought I’d share a few with you. These are to do with language and literature:
- More than 6.3 million Star Trek books, in more than 15 languages are in print; 13 are sold every minute in the United States. (Explains a lot about America)
- No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver and purple.
- The word ‘karate’ means ‘empty hand’.
- The white part of your finger is called the lunula.
- There is a word in the English language with only one vowel, which occurs six times: indivisibility.
- The symbol # is called an octothorpe.
- Men can read smaller print than women.
- Underground is the only word in the English language to begin and end with ‘und’.
- ’Rhythms’ is the longest English word without the normal vowels of a,e,i,o,u.
- The shortest complete sentence in the English language is ‘Go’………
which is exactly what I shall do right now.

Ciao for now.
Alison


No comments:

Post a Comment