Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Len's {Big} Party

Hi Gals

I’m afraid that this week’s page – Len’s {Big} Party - turned out absolutely nothing like it was in my head! I’d have to say I’m somewhat disappointed with it.
Still, I didn’t have a chance to do another page in its place so thought I’d chuck it out into the universe anyway. You’re welcome to get the paper and do your own thing if you prefer.
Pics I used were:
1 {20 x 15cm} landscape – at least I think that was the size – I chopped it down to 15.5 x 12.5cm.
3 {2up} landscape
5 (4up} landscape
4 {9up} portrait.
I did a little concertina tag on the bottom left corner and cut the sleeve so that the tag is on the outside of the page (kindly ignore the fact that I had the sleeve the wrong way round!).
Then I was too lazy to pull the whole thing out of the sleeve so I’ve photographed it in the plastic which hasn’t helped the overall look of it!

I haven’t done an proper newsletter this week, because, I’m…uh….suffering from a spot of inertia I guess, but……
I’m happy to do an evening class on Tuesday and/or Thursday.

I’ve just this morning collected some more Nestabilities so I have the straight and scalloped circles back in stock and a few other designs.

We had a lovely card class with Bee this past Thursday and we’ll be officially running the class on the last Thursday of every month. Space is limited so you’ll need to get in quick sticks.

I’m just soooo excited – I’ve just this morning done the most amazing canvas workshop with Lauriana Glenny working with oil and acrylic paints, rub on’s, stamps etc. She is just so hugely talented and a lovely lady to boot. I’ve attached a pic for you to see (although my photography does not do justice to the finished product). Can you just picture a set of 4 or 8 of these canvases on your wall? I’m thinking of this as one of our Christmas projects. What say you?

I’ve just got in some lovely beach paper in so look out for a move away from my resent obsessive black / white/ gray / pink phase!
A very happy birthday to Kelly for this coming Saturday. Wishing you a happy day Kel.

There you have it. This was sent to me by my mother so it must be ok to pass on…..

Canadian salesman checked into a futuristic hotel in Tokyo , Japan ..
Realizing he needed a haircut before the next day's meeting, he called down to the desk clerk to ask if there was a barber on the premises..
'I'm afraid not, sir,' the clerk told him apologetically, 'but down the hall from your room is a vending machine that should serve your purposes.'
Skeptical but intrigued, the salesman located the machine, inserted $15.00, and stuck his head into the opening, at which time the machine started to buzz and whirl. Fifteen seconds later the salesman pulled out his head and surveyed his reflection, which reflected the best haircut of his life.
Two feet away was another machine with a sign that read,'Manicures, $20.00'.
'Why not?' thought the salesman. He paid the money, inserted his hands into the slot, and the machine started to buzz and whirl. Fifteen seconds later he pulled out his hands and they were perfectly manicured.
The next machine had a sign that read, 'This Machine Provides a Service Men Need When Away from Their Wives, 50 Cents.'
The salesman looked both ways, put fifty cents in the machine, unzipped his fly, and with some anticipation, stuck his manhood into the opening. When the machine started buzzing, the guy let out a shriek of agony and almost passed out. Fifteen seconds later it shut off.
With trembling hands, the salesman was able to withdraw his tender unit........ which now had a button sewn neatly on the end..


Hope to see you all some time soon!
Kind regards
Alison


No comments:

Post a Comment