Friday, November 13, 2009

16 - 21 November

Well hello there!
Methinks summer’s here with a vengeance. I feel it in my sweat glands. I can’t tell you how much the thought of February strikes terror in my heart. I suppose that’s the price we pay for such a stunning winter.

Now this week you have a choice of two, yes TWO pages to choose from. The reason for this is cos I finished them both in the same week.
The first one is “UK 2008” – loads of pics.
You need:
4 jumbo portrait (about a third gets chopped off)
2 jumbo portraits (slightly cropped)
2 jumbo landscape (rather radically chopped by about half)
18 (4 up’s) landscape.
Can be of any theme really.

The second choice is “Friends” and is rather stunning. I can say this as it’s not my design. I did it at my teacher’s workshop last Monday and it really is a thing of beauty. Uses the new Kaiser Crafts paper which is the new love of my life. For this page you need:
1 jumbo portrait
2 jumbo landscape
3 10 x 10 pics.
Would look particularly stunning with sepia or black and white pics. Would make a lovely family page.

You are so welcome to do both pages (not on the same day of course) – one this week if you like and one next week.
I’m just a tad stressed about my Kaiser Christmas range which has STILL not shown up in my post box. Maybe it’s the old “watched kettle” syndrome and I should stop bolting up to the post box every 20 minutes hoping to see that little collection slip. Still, it will be well worth the wait.
Now, yesterday I bought the most beautiful My Mind’s Eye paper which I’m bursting to use. Think of 7 Gypsy’s and you’ll have some idea of the paper. A complete departure from their usual style. I’m going to be packing them into the most enticing kits this arvie. Then I also got in a range of My Mind’s Eye in lovely bright colours, Kraft Cuts which I’ve never seen before and also some bright new Crate Paper (another of my favourite lines).
On Monday 23rd I’m off to make up the Advent Frame which I’ll post on my blog. It really looks fabulous. I’ve ordered a limited quantity as this is not something I want to sit with so you’ll have to spring in fast if you want one.

The studio will be closed tomorrow Saturday 14th as I’m off to the Megacrop. I’m afraid there wont be any workshops on Thursday 19th in the morning as I have a Beswick Office Product knowledge day and then in the evening I have book club which I cannot miss (you don’t understand – I LIVE for my monthly book club fix).
I’m happy to do the evening class on Wednesday if you like and Friday morning.
Next Wednesday Kim will be doing an Earth Jewelry display in the studio from 17h00 to 19h00. If you’re looking for some stunning Xmas gifts at excellent prices (think teachers pressie here) or just a little trinket for yourself for good behaviour you won’t want to miss this.
That’s my bundle for this week. Take care and happy scrapping. I’ll end with some.....
Girlie Wisdom!
1. A friend of mine confused her Valium with her birth control pills... she has 14 kids but doesn't really care..
2. One of life's mysteries is how a 2-pound box of chocolates can make a woman gain 5 lbs.
3. My mind not only wanders, it sometimes leaves completely.
4. The best way to forget your troubles is to wear tight shoes.
5. The nice part about living in a small town is that when you don't know what you are doing, someone else does.
6. The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight because by then, your body and your fat are really good friends.7
. Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.
8. Sometimes I think I understand everything, and then I regain consciousness.
9. I gave up jogging for my health when my thighs kept rubbing together and setting fire to my knickers'.
10. Amazing! You hang something in your closet for a while and it shrinks 2 sizes!
11. Skinny people irritate me! Especially when they say things like...'You know sometimes I forget to eat!' .....Now I've forgotten my address, my mother's maiden name and my keys, but I have never forgotten to eat. You have to be a special kind of stupid to forget to eat!
12.. The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing and then they marry him.
13. I read this article that said the typical symptoms of stress are eating too much, impulse buying, and driving too fast. Are they kidding? That's my idea of a perfect day!

No comments:

Post a Comment