Monday, November 2, 2009

2 - 6 November

Hi there lovely ladies

I bet you thought from my long silence that we’ve not been up to much here at Scrapbook Junction but on the contrary, we’ve been scrapping up a storm! Just never found the time to send out my usual newsletter. Anyhows, in last weeks workshop we used the new Black Society paper with fabulous results and funnily enough, we’re using Black Society paper for this week’s page, this week’s page being Cherish / Adore. It uses only 3 pics (for a change) – 2 jumbo portrait and (1) 2 up landscape. Lovely page for anything or anyone you cherish and adore – your kids, husband, pet poodle, Manlo Blahniks or what have you. So do come and join us.

I’m hoping my new Kaiser Christmas paper will be in some time soon. Absolutely stunning stuff. I’ve found a new supplier so look out for some seriously beautiful papers.
Now, with regards Christmas workshops: remember last year we did calendars (as if some of us could forget!). Now, I’m thinking what to do this year. I’ve recently made up a small 6 x 6 family album which could make a fab gift. Otherwise, Craft-Ed have a really SUPER calendar which we could make up (for those of you who missed last year). They also have a nifty little Christmas tree which can be decorated and some really great ideas for kid’s classes – a handbag or car money box which they scrap, shaker box frames etc. Let me know if you would be interested in a kid’s class. I must say Craft Ed are coming up with some fabulous new products, try and pop in and have a look at their great new catalogue. On Monday I’m also off to do a stunning advent box from Kaiser which looks brilliant and can be stored and used year after year. It has these delightful draws in which you can hide a treat or what have you. As soon as I’ve made mine up, I’ll post a pic. I’d appreciate any feed back with regards Christmas workshops.

I’ll keep this newsletter short as I’m due to send out another one pretty soon. Take care and happy scrapping.

Had a great trip down to the Cape – does bring home what a incredible country we live in.
I’ve just been up to the Berg for a friends 50th and never went to bed on Saturday night, something I’ve not done for years. Anyway, any one of the following could have applied to me on Saturday night……..(tee hee)

WHEN GIRLS DRINK TOO MUCH............
1. WE HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHERE OUR PURSE IS.
2. WE BELIEVE THAT DANCING WITH OUR ARMS OVERHEAD AND WIGGLING OUR BUTT WHILE YELLING 'WOO-HOO!' IS TRULY THE SEXIEST DANCE MOVE AROUND.
3. WE'VE SUDDENLY DECIDED THAT WE WANT TO KICK SOMEONE'S BUTT AND HONESTLY BELIEVE WE COULD DO IT TOO.
4. IN OUR LAST TRIP TO PEE, WE REALIZE THAT WE NOW LOOK MORE LIKE A HOMELESS HOOKER THAN THE GODDESS WE WERE JUST FOUR HOURS AGO.
5. WE START CRYING AND TELLING EVERYONE WE SEE THAT WE LOVE THEM SOOOOO MUCH.
6. WE GET EXTREMELY EXCITED AND JUMP UP AND DOWN EVERY TIME A NEW SONG PLAY'S BECAUSE 'OH MY GOD! I LOVE THIS SONG!'
7. WE'VE FOUND A DEEPER/SPIRITUAL SIDE TO THE GEEK SITTING NEXT TO US.
8. WE'VE SUDDENLY TAKEN UP SMOKING AND BECOME REALLY GOOD AT IT.
9. WE YELL AT THE BARTENDER, WHO WE BELIEVE CHEAT US BY GI VING US JUST LEMONADE, BUT THAT'S JUST BECAUSE WE CAN NO LONGER TASTE THE CHARDONNAY.
10. WE THINK WE ARE IN BED, BUT OUR PILLOW FEELS STRANGELY LIKE THE KITCHEN FLOOR (or the mop ...OR THE BATHMAT ?)
11. WE FAIL TO NOTICE THAT THE TOILET LID'S DOWN WHEN WE SIT ON IT.
12. WE TAKE OUR SHOES OFF BECAUSE WE BELIEVE IT'S THEIR FAULT THAT WE'RE HAVING PROBLEMS WALKING STRAIGHT.

And Remember...'A clean house is the sign of a wasted life!'

No comments:

Post a Comment