Friday, September 24, 2010

{Together} if you like

Howdy Doody

Well, we sure did have a fun day at the Hillcrest Fund Raiser last Saturday. And they raised R30 000 for the school to boot! Is that not fabulous? That’s more than I’ve raised for myself in the past 4 years! Such a success in fact that I think they’ll probably run another one so keep an eye out. It was also great to see some of my old customers and catch up on a bit of their news.

Now, I’ve either got lots of you not coming next week as it’s school holidays or others who’ve booked and are wanting to be catching up on a missed layout. So I’ve decided that I’d show those of you wanting something new, the page we did with Venessa Matthews on Saturday. It’s a lovely page, not too fussy with a lovely focus on the photo’s. You need:
2 x jumbo’s – landscape
7 x 2 up (10cm x 7.5cm) portrait (won’t work with landscape)
Her title was {Together} but you could do it of any theme using any title. I’m not packing kits for this so you can choose your own paper.

I’ve recently had a number of enquiries from gals who’re unable to attend a workshop [running after kids, having their teeth whitened, go the snivels or what have you] and they were wondering if they could do my workshops at home. Well of course you can. Absolutely. What I do is type out the notes and email these to you along with a pic of the page. Then all you have to do is collect it. There are one or two that I wouldn’t recommend you try at home on your own (like next week’s waterfall affair which is quite complex). But on the whole, my layouts are pretty easy to follow with a few notes on size etc. As my fee is so little (more of a tip really), the price remains the same.

Because of the past card class on Thursday 23rd, it threw the evening classes out a bit so next week we’ll be having an evening class on both Tuesday 28th and Thursday 29th. Always a pleasant evening (made all the more pleasant with the intake of a bit of fermented grape juice). So do book. 18h30 – 21h30.

A very happy birthday to Tersia who has a birthday on Monday. Have a good one Tersh!
I haven’t heard of anything exciting coming up {in the scrapping world that is, lest you think I’m talking about the bedroom}. Let me know if you have. I know Imagine That are having a great craft day some time soon but I haven’t received the details yet. Will let you know if and when I hear anything.
So all that’s left to say is have a fabulous long weekend, keep safe if you’re on the roads and have a happy scrappin’ week!
Best Regards
Alison

I don’t like to get too political in a newsletter but I thought this was rather interesting………

The next time you hear a politician use the word 'billion' in a casual manner, think about whether you want the 'politicians' spending
YOUR tax money.

A billion is a difficult number to comprehend, but one advertising agency did a good job of putting that figure into some perspective in
one of its press releases.

A billion seconds ago it was 1959.

A billion minutes ago Jesus was alive.

A billion hours ago our ancestors were living in the Stone Age.

A billion days ago no-one walked on the earth on two feet.
.
A billion Rand ago was only
27 hours and 12 minutes, at the rate our government
is spending it.

Building Permit Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporation Tax
Income Tax
VAT
GST
Fishing Licence Tax
Food Licence Tax
Fuel LicenceTax
Petrol/Diesel Tax
Hunting Licence Tax
Luxury Tax
Property Tax
Service charge taxes
Capital gains Tax
Social Security Tax
Road Usage Tax
Local Tax
Vehicle Licence Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Workers Compensation Tax
STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
Not one of these taxes existed 20 years ago...
And our nation was one of the most prosperous in Africa.

We had absolutely no national debt...
We had the largest middle class in Africa
And Mum stayed home to raise the kids.

What happened?

I hope this goes around
At least a billion times.

What the HELL happened?????

No comments:

Post a Comment