Friday, October 1, 2010

Summer Memories

Hi there
I got this mad insane idea that I need to learn to rollerblade (actually, it wasn’t a sudden whim; it’s been on my bucket list for years along with learn to play the piano, speak Zulu, make a roulade etc). Anyway, Alanna kindly loaned me her absent daughters blades and I did my first stumble across my studio yesterday. I nearly landed on my bum when I did my victory whoop when I reached the ribbon rack, unaided. Of course I realise blading on a carpet might be a totally different lark to doing it on smooth concrete. Still, persevere I shall. I aim to be flying along that new run way on the Durban Beachfront in the next month. Watch out {!} if you’re there, my cruise control might not be that good.

This week’s page is Summer Memories and is a lovely layout by the very talented (and divine) Laurie. Now, this is the page that has the waterfall booklet on which I mentioned in a previous letter. It requires us to work step-by-step together to assemble it so you can’t be racing ahead (and then blaming me for any cocky’s). It comes in kit form so please let me know if you’d like me to set one aside for you. The papers are Kaiser Kraft and the combo’s are too bootiful (don’t you sometime feel you want to lick nice paper? I do). I know this kind of thing is not everyone’s cup of tea but I encourage you to give it a go as it’s always good to learn something new, even if you have no intention of repeating the exercise. If it really gives you the grills, you can do a common garden type booklet.
I changed the photo requirements slightly from Laurie’s and used:
1 (13 x 15) landscape
6 jumbo portrait (5 of which got the chop slightly – height wise)
2 (2 up) – 1 landscape and 1 portrait.
(if you’re battling to find portrait pics, you can use 2ups (10 x 7.4cm) landscape pic inside the booklet x 5)
As the title suggests, the layout will work well with anything to do with summer – picnic, beach, pool or what have you.

Next week’s evening class will be on Thursday 7th. Do let me know if you can make it.
I’ve still got some kits put aside here for some of you – please do come in and claim them before they grow fur.
I’m a bit stunned that Christmas is nearly upon us! I’m frantically casting about for a nice thing to do for Christmas gifts. Stay tuned.
(I won’t be mentioning Halloween as I’m anti all that Yankee Doodle stuff)

Nothing to report this week (we gotta get some excitement going here gals!). Don’t forget to support the Animal Anti Cruelty Line Dance Marathon on the 23rd October. If you can’t make it, perhaps you’d think of dropping a bag of dog or cat food off with me and I’ll get it to them (I promise not to eat it).
All that’s left to say is….. happy scrappin’.

Take care
Alison

This is a bit naughty, but does make me chuckle……..

SING IT GIRLS!!! OUT LOUD (To “I Will Survive”)

At first I was afraid, I was petrified.
When you said you had 10 inches, Lord I almost died!
But I ' d spent so many years just waiting for a man that long,
That I grew strong, and I knew that I could take you on...
But there you are, another lie,
I was ready for a Big Mac and you ' ve brought me a French fry!
I should have known that it was bulls***t, just a sad pathetic dream
Should have known there was no Anaconda lurking in those Jeans!
Go on now-go! , Walk out the door,
Don ' t you promise me 10 inches, then turn up with only 4!
Weren ' t you a brat to think I wouldn ' t find you out!?
Don ' t you know we ' re only joking when we say size don' t count??!!

[Chorus]
I will survive! I will survive!
Cuz as long as I have batteries,
My s * x life ' s gonna thrive!
I will always have good s * x,
With a handful of latex!
I will survive! I will survive!
Hey! Hey!

It took all my self control not to laugh out loud,
When I saw your little weiner standing tall and proud!
But to hell with your ego and to hell with all your needs,
Now I ' m saving all my lovin ' for a cordless multispeed!

[Chorus]
I will survive! I will survive!
Cuz as long as I have batteries,
My s * x life ' s gonna thrive!
I will always have good s * x,
With a handful of latex!
I will survive! I will survive!
Hey! Hey!

No comments:

Post a Comment