Monday, October 11, 2010

I {Love} to Play

Well hello there!

So, I’m making steady progress with the roller blading (i.e. I’ve advanced from my carpeted studio to the smooth tiles of my bedroom). My Ry Daar requires some fine tuning as I still seem be smacking into any objects in my path, both animate and inanimate (actually to be truthful, even things NOT in my direct path).

As you may have noticed, we’ve had a spate of pages with just a couple of pics on them which as you know are not my favourite layouts (coming a close second to pages with NO journaling) So next week’s page is {I Love to Play} and uses the lovely bright primary papers from Art From the Heart and has 10 pics on it. I used:
6 jumbo cropped to 8 x 8 cm
2 (2up) portrait – 7cm x 10cm
2 (2up) either landscape or portrait
As the title suggests it can be of anything that conjours up playfulness and here you can think a bit out the box. It doesn’t HAVE to be of your playful cherubs but can be of, for example, your Labrador pup or you at your tap dance class. I was going to do my page with pics of me rollerblading but my camera seems to have a developed a major flaw – all the pics of me show odd lines on my face, what could be mistaken for bags under my eyes and makes me look twice my natural size. My mother claims the camera is merely picking up my laugh lines but quite frankly, I don’t remember ANYthing being THAT funny. And to think how much I paid for it.
This is why my page as yet does not have any pics on it. I’ll try and get it off tomorrow – just doing the finishing touches (read: I’m not yet satisfied with it).
Please book your kit as stock is limited.

Next week’s evening class will be on Tuesday 12th at 18h00. Please book {if you like}.

Lovely new Cosmo Cricket papers are making their way to my awaiting arms as we speak. I’m hoping the tote bags will be in late next week – my humble appologies to all of you who have been waiting so patiently for them. I don’t like to shift blame, but I have to say that this time it’s the suppliers. Some new glitter coming too just in time for Christmas along with one hole punches, bone folders, en so voort.

I’m so excited. Di from RS&E is going to be coming in to do a fantastic Mini Album project here some time soon using the lovely October Afternoon papers. This is a lovely take on the traditional mini album with great fold ups and pockets etc. I thought it would make a stunning Christmas gift to give to gran, your hubby, your therapist or what have you. I’m thinking lets make it an extended lesson to include a light lunch. I’ll try and get the dimensions and sample of the papers off to you beforehand so you can plan your pics and we could possibly finish the project on the same day (always the top prize for me. I’m tired of these gazillion unfinished works of art). Keep an eye out for details.

I’ll also be having a gift tag making day in November which will include tea and cake (like we need it!). This will just be a fun morning to use up all our old Christmas paper scraps. I’ve got some gorgeous new clear Christmas stamps we can all use.

Talking about Christmas gifts, the divinely talented Ms Chantal and Cheryl from Imagine That at The Crescent are having what looks like is going to be a great all day crafting event at the Norwegian Hall in St Thomas Road on the 30th October. I’ve attached all the details for you to have a peek. Do try and attend, even if it’s just to laugh along with (or at, if you must) the very funny and amusing Chants.

A very happy birthday to Audrey Buckley for Sunday – have a great one Auds. And happy birthday to Bev Sole who is proof that 60 is the new 40. Have a great birthday and trip to UK Bev.
That’s my bundle for this week…..scrap on…..hope to see you some time soon.
Your scrapping buddy
Alison

I know this has been around before [and before that] but it’s so sweet. I partiulary like the “fibula”!!

Q: Name the four seasons.
A: Salt, pepper, mustard and vinegar.

Q: Explain one of the processes by which water can be made safe to drink.
A: Flirtation makes water safe to drink because it removes large pollutants like grit, sand, dead sheep and canoeists.

Q: How is dew formed?
A: The sun shines down on the leaves and makes them perspire.

Q: How can you delay milk turning sour? (Brilliant, love this!)
A: Keep it in the cow.

Q: What causes the tides in the oceans?
A: The tides are a fight between the Earth and the Moon. All water tends to flow towards the moon, because there is no water on the moon, and nature hates a vacuum. I forget where the sun joins in this fight.

Q: What are steroids?
A: Things for keeping carpets still on the stairs.

Q: What happens to your body as you age?
A: When you get old, so do your bowels and you get intercontinental

Q: Name a major disease associated with cigarettes.
A: Premature death.

Q: How are the main parts of the body categorized? ( e.g., abdomen)
A: The body is consisted into three parts -- the brainium, the borax and the abdominal cavity. The brainium contains the brain; the borax contains the heart and lungs, and the abdominal cavity contains the five bowels A, E, I, O, and U.

Q: What is the fibula?
A: A small lie.

Q: What does 'varicose' mean? (I do love this one...)
A: Nearby.

Q: Give the meaning of the term 'Caesarian Section.'
A: The Caesarian Section is a district in Rome.

Q: What does the word 'benign' mean?'
A: Benign is what you will be after you be eight

No comments:

Post a Comment