Thursday, May 5, 2011

Picture Perfect

Hi gals
Seriously, how does a day that starts with such promise descend into chaos and tears in a matter of minutes? See, what happened was that I was minding my own business, scrapping up a storm when that Adele song “Could Have Had it All” came on. Now, I don’t know about you but that song always makes me want to dance. With vigour. Which is what I did. Stupidly not taking into account the cup of tea perched perilously close to the page I was working on and my lack of co-ordination in the dancing department. And yes, you guessed it: tea ALL over the new page, the desk, into my mosaic squares, class notes….. I tried to mop it all up though my tears but I’m afraid the damage is done. I’ll have to re-do the whole right hand side of the one page. The rest will just have to remain damaged and slightly tea stained.
I find it ironic that I’m always going on about you all drinking at the table and yet, to date, I’m the only one who has EVER knocked anything over. I still cringe at the red wine all over Ash’s page.

Still, no use crying over spilled….er….tea.
Next week’s page is Picture Perfect. Pics I used were
1 x {18 x 13} landscape
3 x jumbo landscape {of which I cut 2 cm off vertically and 1 cm horizontally}
6 x {4 up} landscape.
I used the lovely Stella Rose range {which I’ve discovered is highly moisture absorbent!). Layout can be of any theme you like.
{I’ll send the page out as soon as I’ve done a repair job on it – hopefully some time tomorrow}

Green tombo is back in stock and I should have those evasive chalk inks in some time next week.

Next week’s evening class is……um, you tell me. I’ve lost track of what night it should be so if any of you want to scrap, drop me a line and we’ll arrange it.

This has been raised before but girls really, I just cannot hang on to unpaid kits for months {especially when I have people begging to buy them}. I really don’t mind you leaving them here to infinity if they’re paid for but I’m afraid in order to keep the stock fresh and exciting {and coming in}, I need the cash flow.

Doesn’t seem to be much news in the happy world of scrapping so I’ll keep things short and sweet this week.
Take care and hope to see you soon.
Regards
Alison

I’ll end with the sweet innocence of youth…….

A six-year-old boy told his father he wanted to marry the little girl across
the street. The father, being modern and well-schooled in handling
children, hid his smile behind his hand.

"That's a serious step," he said. "Have you thought it out completely?"

"Yes," his young son answered. "We can spend one week in my room and the next in hers. It's right across the street, so I can run home if I get scared of the dark."

"How about transportation?" the father asked.

"I have my wagon, and we both have our tricycles," the little boy answered.

The boy had an answer to every question the father raised.

Finally, in exasperation, his dad asked, "What about babies? When you're married, you're liable to have babies, you know."

"We've thought about that, too," the little boy replied.
"We're not going to have babies. Every time she lays an egg, I'm going to step on it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment